Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A March Ride with Snow in the Woods

   For Hubby’s birthday, way back in the middle of March, we decided to take a ride. The weather was once again unseasonably warm – for March – and I wanted to do more campground window-shopping. It was 46 degrees out when we left home around 11:30 and all the way up to 60 when we got home late afternoon.

Too bad these pictures don’t reflect that heat. 


 I naturally directed him down backroads to get where we were going. Good thing we had the four-wheel drive. I'm always excited when I see a sign for a CCC camp. Too bad we couldn't explore that day. 
First county park campground. Solberg Lake in Phillips. 

The lake was pretty, but it was very wooded and the sites were fairly small and close together. 
And I'm concerned I would pick the partial sticks over the whole ones and get in trouble. 
Smith Lake County Park in Park Falls seemed a better fit. 
Even if there was more snow. 
It had a lot of large sites - even pull-throughs. 
Too bad they don't take reservations, but we'll just have to see how it goes. 
At least, I'm sure the ice and snow are all gone now. 

No comments: