Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Here, Kitty, Kitty

   As I had posted on this blog last week, back on April 17, Hubby and I took a ride down to Reedsburg to meet up with his brother and sister-in-law. Being as I can’t keep myself from planning things and seeing things and doing things, I thought we should do more than sit in the park, eating and talking.

A few months ago, I ran across the website for the Wisconsin Big Cat Rescue in Rock Springs. I knew it was somewhere in the south-western part of the state, but I didn’t realize until we had decided to meet at Reedsburg, that it was just ten miles away.

Here is the website for the Rescue - https://www.wisconsinbigcats.org/39/Who-is-Wisconsin-Big-Cats - so I won’t copy and paste that information here. Click on the link and learn about it for yourself.

As you probably remember, I’ve been to Kenya six times and have witnessed lions and cheetahs in the wild, in their natural habitat. Visiting zoos or any other place where wild animals live in captivity breaks my heart.  

If you read their website, though, you’ll realize that many of these big cats are in a much better place than where they came from. They may be stuck behind fences, but at least they are left alone, to doze in the sun, without anyone making them do tricks they were never born to do.

I tried to keep track of all their names – taking pictures of the signs with their names and stories. But I think the pictures of their sweet faces are all you need to know about.









Except for this guy – Harley – who was born due to a contraception failure. It happens to the best of us, I guess. 

 He’s only seven months old and just adorable. You can see how easy it would to exploit all his cuteness and keep him from being anything close to a wild tiger. I wish him a healthy, happy future. 

No comments: