Sunday, August 22, 2021

Place our Trust in Him

  The Lord has hidden himself from his people, but I trust him and place my hope in him. (Isaiah 8:17, Good News Translation)

For the last several years, I’ve chosen a “word of the year,” and if you read my Sunday blog posts in January, you may remember that my word for this year is “Trust.”

I chose that word (or God chose it for me) because we all need to work harder at placing our trust in God. 2021 has been another crazy year, and I don’t think anyone sees an end in sight.

It may seem that God has turned His back on us, that He is hiding from us, that He has given up on us. In reality, He is still waiting for us with open arms. Waiting for us to turn our backs on the things of this world and return to Him. Trust in Him. 

Lord, God, Heavenly Father, send Your Holy Spirit to us so that our faith is renewed and we can place all of our trust in You. Amen.  

No comments: