Sunday, January 10, 2021

And the word of the year is . . .

   But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest; they will walk and not become tired. (Isaiah 40:31, New Century Version)

If you read last Sunday’s post, the verse above might look familiar to you. Which might make you think that I am losing it, or that I am indeed going to stick with the same word of the year (strength) as last year. Oh, silly reader.

How’s this verse instead?

   Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don’t depend on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5, New Century Version)

There ya go.

Sometime in mid-December, with everything going on with the pandemic and my anxiety level reaching the stars, God reminded me that all I need to do is trust in Him. I know He’s got this, but sometimes – wow – it’s just tough, isn’t it? Hard to let go and turn everything over to Him. Darn near impossible to just take a breath and be still. I need to lean on the One who will always be there, who will never leave me or forsake me.

Just trust. 

 

No comments: