Sunday, January 31, 2021

Trust During Travel

  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13, New International Version)

I wasn’t sure if I was going to post here today as I am out of town. I took a road trip to Minnesota to visit a friend and didn't know if I would have time or internet.

I’ve been planning this trip for about a month, but thanks to the pandemic and the weather forecast, I wasn’t positive I was going to go until I woke up Friday morning. It’s so hard knowing how safe it is to travel with COVID in the air everywhere, but the friend I was going to visit as well as another friend I was traveling with were both healthy and have both been cautious when they do leave their houses.

Then the weather. One never knows, including the meteorologists, what sort of weather the winter will send us on any given day. The forecast was for freezing rain last yesterday afternoon, turning to snow overnight, with up to three inches possible.

I’m a northern Wisconsin girl, though, so a little ice and snow might keep me vigilant, but usually won’t cause me to cancel my plans. But above all I trust that the Lord will get me from one place to another and that if He doesn’t want me going then He will send me a sure sign to cancel.

And while I’ve been here in Minnesota since Friday afternoon, He has filled me with joy and peace as I visit with old friends.

Thank You Lord, God, for giving me friends I can connect with after many years and for giving me a dependable car which will safely get me home later today. Amen. 

Picture hanging in the hallway outside the AirBnb where we are staying. And if you know me, you know stories and pictures from this road trip will be posted here in the coming weeks. 

No comments: