Wednesday, January 6, 2021

November Road Trip

I have to make this a quick post. I’ve had a lot going on and haven’t taken the time to write up a proper post for the trip my daughter and I took back in November, to visit my son. 

That first full weekend in November was amazingly warm and beautiful. Val and I took off early Saturday morning, making only a few stops, before pulling into Milton so I could visit the Milton House. Supposedly this was a stop on the Underground Railroad back in the 1850s and I want to take a tour of it some day for research for the book I am currently writing. Because of COVID, though, the museum here was closed. 

Val and I still made the most of our stop. 



We finally got to Nick’s by mid-afternoon. Nice house, huh? Too bad my son doesn’t own it, but – well, it’s not my story to tell. 

His landlord does have two horses besides. 

As with most horses I've known over the years, one of them pretty much just wants to eat. 
Maddie likes her people almost as much as her food. 

I think she disagrees with that statement. 

Nick’s friend Megan joined us, and then we set off on our real adventure of the afternoon. Which entailed why too many pictures to share anymore this week. You’ll want to be sure to check back next Wednesday for the most remarkable place we visited.


No comments: