Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Small-town America

Sometimes, with all the chaos in the world right now and especially in this country, we need to step back and return to our roots. Such as in small-town America. The historic buildings and the village square. Such as in East Troy.

It’s such an adorable town. I can see why my son wants to stay in the area. 

Situated in Walworth County, Wisconsin, East Troy had a population of 4,281 in the 2010 census. It’s 65 miles from the state capital of Madison and 40 miles from Milwaukee. Or a straight shot east will get you to Lake Michigan in 35 miles.


But I wasn’t going nearly that far, that weekend in November, when my daughter and I visited her brother, who lives just west of East Troy.

And there’s always something to make you dream. What could I do with this cool building?

Three stories, 8,276 square feet and built in 1837! All for only $749,000! My imagination could do a lot with that. 

Or this simple farm on the west edge of town.

Only not for sale and not quite a farm.

But, again, how cool is that?
Then again, I find pretty much anything fascinating. 


No comments: