Friday, February 5, 2021

Snow and a Poem

When I went for my morning stroll around our yard at six am today, I took my camera along, hoping to get some pictures of my woods to post now. I knew it would be too dark for them to turn out, but you know me, I still had to try.
I measured nine inches on the deck just now. Tromping through the woods, it sure felt like more. But it’s good to have that fresh snow. Having been born and raised here in the Northwoods, where winters are harsh, somehow it feels reassuring when we get those near blizzard conditions and a forecast for highs below zero over the next couple of days.
It’s like returning to life as usual, life when I was a kid, life when things like a pandemic were for the movies.
Have a good weekend. Be safe and dress warm if you are out and about. At least this cold weather makes us want to wear those masks. (Gizmo is glad he doesn't have to wear a mask.)

One last thing, speaking of the pandemic, a poem I wrote was published this week in the Voices on the Wind online poetry journal. Click this link to read it. Chris

No comments: