Friday, October 8, 2021

Birds in the Sky – Blog Post #13 Camping in Michigan

Sorry that I didn’t post here on Wednesday. It has been a heinous week at work, but I got through it. And guess what? I’m on vacation now for two weeks! Woot! Woot!

So, in celebration, I wanted to share the most spectacular wildlife event I’ve ever seen in the United States. I was going to say ever in the world, but there was that day on safari in Kenya where we watched a lioness take down a wildebeest. As if anything would ever come close to that. But anyway. 

There we were the morning of July 15 – appropriately, as that is my sister Pat’s birthday – driving up to Lake Superior. We came upon a bald eagle in a pine tree holding court over either an immature bald or golden eagle eating a deer carcass, while turkey vultures and ravens hovered overhead or watched from nearby trees. And even ordinary old crows were waiting their turn across the road.

The twenty-some pictures I took of all the birds did not come close to doing the scene justice. Both Hubby and I thought it was so remarkable.







Can you see all three of the different species in this tree?

I’m sure I won’t find a scene like during this vacation, but you never know. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: