Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Finally Getting to Camp at Chippewa Falls

     You probably don’t want to hear about any more of my travels, but I can’t help myself. I could write six hundred words on how I’ve managed my COVID19 infection, tell you all the unpleasant details, relive the last horrible week over again in my head, just so you can read it. But, sorry. I’m on the other side now. Life will go on, and you know what else? Today I even made some camping reservations for next spring. So, take that, world, I got this.

But back to August and a couple of hot, sunny days in the western part of our state.

Four years ago, Hubby and I had planned a week’s worth of camping at Lake Wissota State Park in Chippewa Falls, but those plans were thwarted by kidney stones. (I’ve told that story several times.)

This year, I thought we’d go for just two nights. We had been on the go enough all summer. Plus I had spent that weekend in Chippewa in May with my friend. I wanted to show some of those spots to Hubby, but there were many that I hadn’t touched on during that first trip.

We arrived mid-afternoon on Wednesday. Didn’t do much except set up camp. The next morning, after a drive around the campground, we drove over to Erickson Park.

 And the Glen Loch Dam.

This bridge takes you across to the far end of the Irvine Park Zoo, but I didn’t realize that until Hubby and the dog had already headed back to the truck.

No worries, we drove over to the other side. I wanted to get a picture of Dino posing with the bears, but he would have nothing to do with it.

These big boys had no problems posing for me. 

Yikes! Hate to meet them in the woods at night. 

We drove around town for a while, then finally came to a stop at the Cook-Rutledge Mansion.

Hubby said I should take the tour while he and the dog sat in the truck in the shade.

But you know me, instead, I took way too many pictures on the outside and then walked around four other city blocks looking at other old houses.

Why spend all my time on just one?

Then there is always a church or two.

Notre Dame Catholic Church. 

Which I have also visited and blogged about in the past. 

But, like I said, it was a short trip and even though I took over 300 pictures, I don’t need to share them all with you.


I’ll continue to keep you posted on my health. Have a good week.

No comments: