Friday, June 25, 2021

Just a Little Zoo

    Chippewa Falls is home to Irvine Park, a 318-acre park which includes walking trails, woodlands, historic features, and plenty of grassy places to picnic, host a wedding, or just run around. It is also features a small, family-friendly, and free zoo. Not a lot of animals, but it takes very little to entertain me. In fact, less is more for me, especially when I take like six or twelve pictures of everything I see, which meant I took 112 pictures just of the animals there.  
The capuchin monkey
A pile of Cavies, South American rodents of significant size. 
The Black Bear, who seems a bit ashamed of having put on so much weight during the pandemic. 
Of course, the crowd favorite was the newborn American Bison. 
She just wasn't willing to move any more than this, but even through the grass, she looks like a cutey. 
This guy, however, was my favorite. The Hyena. 
I was fascinated watching him eat that deer leg, crunching on those bones with no effort at all. 

                                                     Glad he didn't find me as fascinating. 


 For more information click on this:

http://www.irvineparkzoo.org/about_us.php


No comments: