Sunday, June 13, 2021

Preparing the Way

  The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” (Isaiah 40:3, New King James Version)

  The prophet Isaiah was speaking about John when he said, “He is a voice shouting in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord’s coming! Clear the road for him!’” (Matthew 3:3, New Living Translation)

(It’s been a month since I started telling you about the songs from the musical Godspell. I have just a few more I wanted to share with you.)

I’ve been busy the last month or two, as you may know if you follow this blog. The multiple weekend trips that I’ve taken are the end results of months of planning. Oh, or maybe not so much actual planning, as researching online everything I can find about the places I am going. I like to be prepared.

Then, as much as I love getting out of town and exploring new places, I’m always a little disappointed when it’s time to go home. Why can’t vacation last forever? Even once I retire, it can’t be to a long, single vacation – I will still have responsibilities and chores at home and on the road.

But I shouldn’t be only looking forward to those trips, or parties, or time off work. All of those things are fleeting.

We need to be prepared for an eternal vacation with our Lord and Savior when He is ready to call us home. 

Thank You, Jesus, for saving me and for preparing a place for me in heaven. Amen.

Version of the song “Prepare Ye” from the movie Godspell:

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1SiaCV26aQ&t=3s 

My first overnight of the season - camping at Buckhorn State Park with the new camper. 


No comments: