Friday, November 19, 2021

What's in Alma?

               I really should update you on my COVID-19 journey, but I still have so many other journeys to tell you about. Let’s just say for now, that as I write this, I feel my symptoms have completely cleared. As with all of my travels, I have settled back into my normal life. But since I don’t have any pictures from my illness (as if anyone wants to see those!), you get to see more from my trip to Alma the end of August. 

Sunday morning of that weekend, I took a walk along Hwy 37. 
This summer I did seem to capture multiple flowers on every trip. 
And berries too. 
Wabasha, Minnesota, is just across the Mississippi River from Alma and is known as the Bald Eagle capital. I was pleased with myself that I spotted this one. 
But, if you know me at all, you know I have to visit every cemetery I can. Why are they so often situated on hills? 
The Alma Area Museum is in the building which was once the Buffalo County Training School & Teachers College. It had been built in 1902. In 1967, the school was discontinued, and the building was used as the Alma City Hall and Library. In 1982, the city leased it to the Alma Historical Society

Castlerock Museum houses arms and armor, with exhibits that include many time periods in European history. 

  

The United Methodist Church in Alma. 

The Tell Church in Tell, which isn't a town at all, only one church and one bar. 

               Wouldn’t you know, I had planned on going back to the Alma area to visit my friend the weekend of October 30. If I had stuck with that plan, I wouldn’t have ended up catching Covid from my daughter. But I guess that's how it goes. 

 

No comments: