Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Remodel post 1 - laundry

Since the end of November, I’ve occasionally mentioned – and even shared pictures of – our home remodeling project. As of just this past Monday, it is 98% complete. Well, at least the contractor’s part of things. Hubby and I still need to paint all the ceilings and the walls, but that can wait until spring, or at least until we’ve had a chance to recharge after the hectic month of December.

Starting on Day 1, I’ve been dying to post pictures as we’ve gone along, but I knew I had to wait for the entire before, during and after package. You need to know me well to not be shocked that I snapped over two hundred pictures of my kitchen, bathroom and laundry over the past month. Yes, 212 to be exact. It will take a while to weed them all out.

In the interim, however, here is the smallest part of the project – the new floor, washer and dryer in the laundry. 

I didn't realize that on the very first day, they would take out the old washer and dryer and rip up the flooring. Sad that I didn't get a true before picture. 

Instead, you get the old washer and dryer, sitting in the living room until we sold them on Facebook Marketplace. Of course, half the rest of the kitchen was in the living room as well. 

Kitty on the new floor. 

Rugs and a ladder on the new floor. 

Yeah. New washer and dryer installed. Dino checking them out. Honestly, it was hard getting any picture without Dino or Emma photo-bombing. 


 But the best part is this video. Hope you're able to watch it, with your volume on. And then wait for it. 

No comments: