Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Remodel post 5 (and the final one)

I promise this is the last post on our recent home remodeling project. At least for now. This series has renewed my interest in our really big project from 1999, when we turned the garage into the living room. I have a book full of photographs to scan first. But I digress.

So here are the before, during, and after pics of our shower. Many years ago, we had installed one of those tub surrounds, which we had thought about keeping. But then my daughter offered us boxes and boxes of tile which came with the house she bought a few years ago.






From the other angle. Even found one picture from before we did any major remodeling, when the original avocado tile graced the bathroom and we had installed the sliding shower door.

Then there was the shower surround.




And onto the new tile.


This might be my very favorite part of the entire remodeling project, even over the oak kitchen cupboards.

When my daughter gave us those boxes of leftover tiles, we knew there weren’t enough of one color or style. I embraced that though, telling our contractor to just mix it up, that he didn’t need to worry about any sort of pattern. I love what he did.  


Many of the homes I’ve been to on my travels to Kenya were tiled with multiple mix-matched tiles. Though my shower tiles aren’t nearly so varied, they still remind me of my home away from home in Africa.

No comments: