Sunday, May 15, 2022

So Many Gifts

 Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. So let it grow, and don’t try to squirm out of your problems. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete. (James 1:2-4, Living Bible)

As you know, I didn’t post an inspirational message last Sunday as Hubby and I were on our first camping trip of the season.

When I wrote about the weekend here on Wednesday, I painted a rosy picture for you all. In reality, yes, it was a fine weekend, but it felt like so many things went wrong. And we all know how sometimes it seems easier to dwell on the bad instead of the good.

The refrigerator didn’t work. We tried everything we could think of (the fuse, the power cord, etc.), but nothing fixed the problem. We kept the food in the cooler and because the nights were chilly, the perishables stayed cold. It was just an inconvenience.

But also, because it was cold at night (in the thirties), it got nippy in the camper. I turned the furnace on to its lowest setting and it kicked on around 3:30 the first morning. And then Hubby turned it up higher because he was still cold. Just another inconvenience.

I won’t even tell you about the struggle backing the camper into its spot. That was more than an inconvenience. It was a nightmare.

And then there’s our poor, old dog. Who couldn’t get in or out of the truck or the camper without our help. It breaks my heart, because his heart is so willing but his body just can’t do it.


 Sigh.

 But still, I have been given so many gifts. And when I’m done complaining, I do praise God for all that He has blessed me with.  

But whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God, the Creator of all light, and he shines forever without change or shadow. (James 1:17, Living Bible)

No comments: