Friday, May 13, 2022

Happy Little Almost 5K

     Back in December, I think, I received an email from the Michigan State Parks. They were hosting a virtual 5K to support tree planting and forest protection efforts in Michigan State Parks. The challenge was to walk, hike, run or crawl a 5K anywhere you were able, as long as it was between April 22 (Earth Day) and April 29 (Arbor Day). The theme was Bob Ross Happy Little 5K Run for the Trees. Who can pass that up?

The cost was $35 and it went towards a good cause. Plus, this should be easy, right? Wrong. Stupid weather and me overbooking my schedule. I’ve been working part-time since the first of March, I should have had the time. Of course, we also shouldn't have had snow every day the month of April. 

But alas, I didn’t do my walk by the April 29 deadline. I also didn’t walk the full 5K in one day.

This past weekend, at Mirror Lake State Park in Wisconsin, I walked 1.95 kilometers on Saturday afternoon.


And Sunday morning, I walked 3.27 kilometers. So even though I didn’t do the full 5K in one day, my mileage still surpassed that.





Plus, it was just nice to be outside walking, after the winter we’ve had. 
#RunForTheTrees #BobRoss #HappyLittle5K #MiStateParks

No comments: