Friday, June 17, 2022

Springtime in Milwaukee

   The first weekend in April, when the weather should have at least been pretending to be thinking about spring, my daughter and I drove down to see my son near Milwaukee. It was freezing cold out on Saturday, with snow flurries. We woke up to snow on the ground Sunday morning. Argh!

I naturally refused to get out my winter coat, so I had to pile on a couple layers.

Saturday afternoon, we drove into Milwaukee and spent a few hours wandering around Antiques on Pierce. I’m not sure why I didn’t take any pictures inside (other people did). Claiming to be the largest antique mall in Southeast Wisconsin, it encompasses three floors in the old Quality Biscuit Company building.

From there, we drove to the historic third ward and ate dinner at the Lucky Ginger.  

After eating way too much, we wandered along the pier.


And ended up at Milwaukee Public Market. Which would have been cool to check out further, but it was dinner time so was packed with shoppers.

You know me, I’m not happy until I find a historical marker.

But I really was not happy to find that the Bobblehead Museum was closed.

                       

I can still always find something that fascinates me.

I’ll have to go back again when I have more time to wander and when the sun is shining and it’s above freezing.

No comments: