Wednesday, July 13, 2022

What's in your Flood Light?

   This past weekend, we attended another inspiring Lifest. I’ve lost track, but this must have been the 11th or 12th time I’ve been to this Christian music festival.  

I’ll have to tell you all about this year’s event, but it will have to wait for another time. Coz you know me; if I find something that fascinates me, I lock on to that one thing.

For perspective, I thought I’d show you the grandstand first, way before it was filled with people.

And then the view looking the other direction. The grounds cover a lot of space, with five different stages for musicians and speakers, space for hundreds of campsites . . .  

. . . a food court . . .  

. . . banks of porta-potties. But wait, what is that in the flood light?

 An osprey nest. No way! 

The first few times I walked past it, no one was home, so I didn’t take any pictures, but the last day we were there, Momma was chillin’ with her babies.  

I took way too many pictures. But how could I not?




I thought of all the people walking by, focused on something else, never bothering to glance up to see what looks like garbage in a light. Yes, they were there to hear music praising God and sharing the word of God. But God is everywhere, in everything, and I live to see Him in the smallest and the greatest things He created. God is good. Oh, so good to me. 

No comments: