Wednesday, July 27, 2022

My DinoReno - Camping Post #1

Are y’all having a good summer? Or is it going by way too fast?

On Saturday, we got home from our yearly camping trip to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. That week went by in a flash, just like it always does. It doesn’t seem to make a difference being retired – every day is full.

But then there’s this guy. My sweet Dino the Wonder Dog. At 15 years old, he probably doesn’t have many more trips left in him. But he sure loves spending the week in the camper with us.

My phone sure takes lousy pictures, doesn’t it? But sometimes it’s all I had on me.

When we are packing up to go camping, I’m glad we no longer have kids that we have to pack for. Dino has enough stuff for a whole family. And no, the Country Crock is not a plastic butter-product; it’s where his nightly Milkbones are stored.

His best day.

Hanging out at a little park in Florence, Wisconsin, after Mom and Dad ate their ice cream and gave him a treat. I think that’s really why he likes bumming with us – I give him an unhealthy amount of treats. 

This place – well, there weren’t enough treats.

Pops and I took a boat ride on Lake Superior to see the Pictured Rocks. Their website said they had a complimentary kennel where you could leave your dog while you were on the boat. I called beforehand and the gal made it sound all safe and homey. When I got there, I had to do some serious praying to God to watch over my sweet baby. 

He really did fine, though. When I went back for him, the other dogs were barking, but my Dino was like – “I knew you’d come back for me.”

He’s still my champ.

 

No comments: