Friday, December 30, 2022

Sheets to the wind, or to the trash


 I’m sure this is going to be one of my more bizarre posts. I mean, look at that picture!
 
So, it was the week before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even whatever this face was on my bed. 
 
Ok, just kidding. Seriously. The week before Christmas, I washed the sheets and was putting them back on the bed when I noticed this grimace. I knew the sheets were getting thin, but I didn’t realize they were this worn until these rips started staring at me. 
 
Good thing I had bought a set of sheets for Santa to give Hubby and me on Christmas morning. Except that my OCD would definitely not allow me to leave a fitted sheet in this condition on the bed. 
 
I didn’t have time to wrap the new sheets, much less get them on the bed – “Surprise, Honey, looks like Santa got us sheets a week early and even put them on for us!” as we were crawling under the covers that night. 
 
Looking at the calendar just now, I should have been really quick-thinking and wished him Happy Hanukkah! 
 
Anyway, that’s how my week before Christmas began. Yes, it got better, and actually, the thing with the sheets was just that – a dumb thing that happens to us all. And it’s not like Hubby really thought Santa was bringing him any presents this year. Or was he?
 
Hope you had a good holiday and that we all head into the New Year safe, healthy and prosperous. 

No comments: