Sunday, January 1, 2023

Be Still and Know


 I’ve blogged about this Bible verse before. And it looks like I will keep right on (write on!) blogging about it.

Every year, I choose a word to help guide me through the next 365 days. Last year the word was “Faith,” and the Bible verse to go along with that was “Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1, New International Version).”

That’s pretty powerful. But 2022 was another brutal year. I did so much praying to God for so many people and so many situations, that my praying started turning into pleading and begging. If I have to plead and beg to have my prayers answered, is that really having faith in God?

The other night, as I lay in bed, once again praying, pleading, and begging, God's still Voice reached out to me. “Be still and know that I am God.”

“Yes, keep praying,” the Voice continued. “But once you have sent your prayer, let it go, because I have heard it, and I will take care of it. I will take care of you and your loved ones. Be still. Be calm. Be at peace.”

Okay, maybe He didn’t say all of that in so many words, but the sense of peace did flow over me. And, so, instead of a word for this year, it is this verse, because I know God

No comments: