Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Creation

     Our last full day in Kentucky on Spring Break, Hubby and I made the short nine mile drive from our Airbnb to the Creation Museum in Petersburg.

I’m not gonna lie – I was pretty disappointed. It just felt like 75,000 square foot of propaganda. 

Yes, I believe in the Creation and that it happened just like it was written in the Bible. But I think that faith means you believe that because of your faith and not because some guy claims to have scientific proof of the whole thing, and that the earth is not billions of years old, but is only 6,000 years old. 

And that dinosaurs lived on earth with us. 

It just made me feel weird. Like I was at one of those multi-leveling marketing parties, being pushed to buy into the whole thing, insteading of believing what I believe. 

But many of the displays and exhibits were interesting and thought-provoking. I always enjoy imaging how people lived during different times. 
 I didn't think it was a total waste of time.
Anyway, after we left the building, we toured the grounds a bit, but it was cloudy and cool out and none of the gardens were blooming yet. I imagine it is beautiful this time of year, as opposed to the end of March. 

They had a small, barnyard zoo, with only a few animals.

But I liked the KuneKune pigs. They are from New Zealand and their name means “fat and round”. My kind of name. 

No matter what we see, though, Hubs and I always have a good time. 



No comments: