Sunday, May 7, 2023

Saving the Lost

Then Jesus told them this story: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep but loses one of them. Then he will leave the other ninety-nine sheep in the open field and go out and look for the lost sheep until he finds it. And when he finds it, he happily puts it on his shoulders and goes home. He calls to his friends and neighbors and says, ‘Be happy with me because I found my lost sheep.’ In the same way, I tell you there is more joy in heaven over one sinner who changes his heart and life, than over ninety-nine good people who don’t need to change. (Luke 15:3-7, New Century Version)

Pretty straight forward story. The shepherd (Jesus) leaves the majority of the flock, the ones who already believe, and goes after the one who is lost. And once the lost one is found there is rejoicing in heaven and earth.

There are several Christian songs that I’ve been hearing which talk about that one lost sheep. Below is the video with lyrics of the one by Cory Asbury. There is another song, but I can’t remember the name of it.

Anyway, but the real moral of the story, for me, is that God does not forget us when we go astray, and He will always bring us home. So, if you are praying for someone who has lost their way, never give up hope. Always believe. Always keep the faith. God saves all who are lost.    


No comments: