Sunday, June 2, 2024

Oh, Glorious Day

 

I heard a loud voice speaking from the throne: “Now God's home is with people! He will live with them, and they shall be his people. God himself will be with them, and he will be their God. He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, no more grief or crying or pain. The old things have disappeared.” (Revelation 21:3-4, Good News Translation)

I think it’s been a while since I’ve given you any updates on my chronic pain. I feel like that affliction itself is pretty much gone. Oh, sure, I still get the quirky pains in random places. I’d been doing well for a week, and then my left hip jerked me around, and I couldn’t bend for a few hours. But it loosened up, and life went on.

Mostly, my body is constantly stiff and achy. I stretch out my back throughout the day, but it only helps to a certain extent. My neck isn’t too painful anymore, but it is exceptionally stiff, so I can’t turn my head to check traffic while driving. Thank You, God, for the safety features in my car, like the backup camera and warning lights when someone is in my blind spot.

I can live with what’s been going on in my body, even my old nemesis – the kidney stone, which came out of nowhere Monday night.

The Bible passage above was yesterday's verse on the Bible Gateway website. It reminds me that someday I’ll no longer have any pain; I won’t even have the stiffness and achiness. Oh, what a glorious day that will be!

No comments: