Friday, December 30, 2011

What's your goal for the new year?

Last year I ran across a blog by Matt Green. He was walking across the United States, from New York City to the Pacific Ocean in Oregon. It took him from March 2010 until August 2010. On his blog, he shared fascinating pictures and interesting insights. I just received an e-mail from him that he is starting a new walk, this time to cover every city street of New York City. That doesn't sound quite so exciting or even challenging, but he has calculated (and if I remember right he is an engineer, so I am sure he calculates accurately) that there are 7500 miles of streets in NYC. That is way more than the mere 3100 miles he walked across America.

I am pretty excited for him and can't wait to start following his latest blog. Oh, to have a goal, a dream, an aspiration. Oh, that's right, I have that. And with the new year at my footsteps it is time to get back at achieving that goal.

Mine may not be as inspiring at Matt's, but hopefully you will continue to follow me as I continue walking my own streets towards becoming a published writer. Have a Safe and Happy New Year.

No comments: