Sunday, February 26, 2012

Still Waters


Sometimes there is so much going on in my head, that I feel like a pinball machine. I went to an awesome concert Friday night, the Cat's Pajamas. I would love to tell you all about that. Yesterday I worked the concession stand at a fundraiser for Kinship. We were supposed to get a bunch of snow today, but so far nothing's happening out there. Why do I stress about getting the house cleaned every weekend, coz by Monday night, with all the cats and the dog in the house, you can't even tell I vacuumed. Why do I have all these cats? I just want it to be summer and I want to go on vacation. How are we ever going to be able to afford to put a new roof on the house this spring? Maybe we should cancel vacation. Are either of my kids going to ever get jobs? I put my winter work tops away today and brought out my spring ones. Was that jumping the gun? My husband has 3093 songs downloaded on the computer. It would take eight days of listening non-spot to hear them all. I can't believe that there have even been that many songs written, and I know that there are many, many more that we don't have. What is really hard to believe is that I know all of the words to most of these songs. How is that possible when I can't remember to pick up a gallon of milk on my way home from work?

Arrggh! Is your brain that full? Or is it just me? And this is nothing compared to where my brain goes when I try to get to sleep at night!

Lord, give me peace not as the world gives but only as you may give. Let not my heart be troubled nor let me be afraid. (from John 14: 26-28)

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. Psalm 23:2 New King James Version

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this

Denise said...

Ditto to all of it!!!! My brain disk is full!!

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Funny how I thought this was one of my dumber blogs, but have gotten the most feedback. I must have hit a nerve.

Susan Marlene said...

Hi Chris! You have amazing gray matter! I don't think I could ever remember the words to all those songs! Fun post!! :0