Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sin City

He went on: "It's what comes out of a person that pollutes: obscenities, lusts, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, depravity, deceptive dealings, carousing, mean looks, slander, arrogance, foolishness—all these are vomit from the heart. There is the source of your pollution." Mark 7:20-23 The Message

My husband and I were in Las Vegas last week on vacation. When my co-workers found out that was where I was going for five days, they just stared at me, speechless. “You? Going to Las Vegas?” a few of them blurted out. I knew what they were thinking – that I am too much of a goody-two shoes to go to Sin City.

But as it says in Romans 3:23, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” It doesn’t mean I’m not just as much a sinner as anyone else just because I don’t drink, don’t smoke, won’t even stop at the bar for an orange juice after work. I don’t gamble either and I try really hard not to swear, but none of that makes me better than anyone else.

So, what did I do in Las Vegas? A lot of people asked if we were going to some shows. No, no shows. You can see it all on TV with a better view, but I really don’t have any desire to see magicians or Elvis impersonators or musical circus acts.

Why then would I want to go to Las Vegas? Well, you’ll have to read my blog all this week to hear the stories. Coz there are lots of stories in a place like Vegas. And pictures too.

No comments: