Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ready for April showers. In March?

Signs of Spring. I finally only have a few essences of snow left in the yard, those banks hanging on for dear life, and lots of those moldy-looking spots on the dead grass where the snow has just melted. The crocuses are gallantly popping unto the lawn. Robins are everywhere. And I am going to talk my husband into stringing our American flag up the flagpole in the front yard.

Yep, I think that it is really Spring, way early here in northern Wisconsin. We may get a few snow showers, a dusting or even an inch or two yet into April, but it won’t last more than a day or two.

Here’s my newest sign that Spring has arrived. My husband tacked a rain gauge to the deck. Missed the first few rains, but now I’m ready. We’re not measuring any more snow, just going to be measuring those warm Spring showers.

No comments: