Sunday, February 3, 2013

Still not fighting


“Stop fighting a fight, it’s already been won.”
From “I am redeemed” by Big Daddy Weave

On Thursday’s blog, I used this verse from a secular perspective. Now that it is Sunday, let me finish that thought.

As a Christian, the reason I don’t have to keep fighting, the reason the battle is over and has been won, is because Jesus has fought it for me. I can let go of my worries, my fears and most importantly my sins because I know that they are taken care of. He has paid my ransom, paid all my fines, cleared my balance. Oh sure there will be days, days that I struggle, days when people will do me wrong, days when I want to crawl back in bed and not deal with life. But all I have to do is remember that I can turn all these problems over to my Savior. He has taken care of it before it even happened.

“The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace.” Exodus 14:14 NKJV


No comments: