Friday, January 17, 2014

And it just keeps snowing


For the second time this week, my husband is out blowing snow this morning. I measured nine inches on the deck just now. My husband had blown the snow off of the deck on Sunday and I hadn’t measured it then, but it was a bunch. I don’t know where we are going to put it anymore. It is only January 17; we have at least two more months of snow ahead of us. 

I didn’t get any writing done this week. After my nightly stint of shoveling the front step and clearing a path across the deck, I spent two nights working on the Nonprofit. We have Kenyan items for sale now on Etsy and I also worked on our three-year projected budget.

Has anyone else out there ever started a Nonprofit organization and applied for tax exempt status? I think I have asked that before and based on previous responses, I believe we have our work cut out for us. I think they make it so challenging to get tax exempt status just so fly-by-night outfits get discouraged and don’t pursue it.

Just like the snow, we gotta keep shoveling. We will get this done, and Tumaini Volunteers will be taking in donations and sending volunteers to Kenya before you know it.

The other thing I spent my time on this week was dreaming about vacations. I know. With all the snow outside that seems a worthwhile pursuit.


Have a good weekend. 
Hard to get a picture of snow. It is all white.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Olmstead McBride said...

We'll get a thaw later this month or in February so we can start anew, especially with March snows.

Elizabeth Olmstead McBride said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Good luck getting all the paperwork and tax business completed. As for snow. Arg! Shoveling is highly over rated! Have a great week. :)

Denise said...

My husband got the snow off the roof today, it took him 5 hours, he thinks it might be the most in the 24 years we have been here, then I reminded him that he usually does it every 2 snowfalls, his replay--your right!!