Friday, May 20, 2016

And the bridge goes up



I’m not gonna lie. This was one of the coolest things we saw on vacation the first week in April.

Because Hubby and I bounce out of bed at the crack of dawn 365 days out of the year, we are up and getting ready for our day by six or seven a.m., even if we are on vacation. The day we planned on going to Joliet was no exception. We left the resort by 8:15 and arrived at the Museum in downtown Joliet an hour later. Unfortunately, the museum didn’t open until ten. The sun was shining and though it was only 34 degrees out, we thought we would take a walk around. 
 We got as far as the Des Plaines River and decided we should just turn back and wait in the warmth of the car. Just then a bell started ringing. Hubby, being the astute man that he is, looked down the river and saw a little tug coming.

 “They’re going to raise the bridge,” he announced. I deftly turned the video on my camera.
 
I guess I am just easily amused or the little kid in me is fascinated by the simple things in life.

After the bridge lowered, we returned to the car, ate a snack and waited for ten o’clock to roll around. You’ll have to wait until next week to find out what we saw next. 

No comments: