Sunday, May 8, 2016

"In this World you will have trouble"

(Verses from John 16, International Children’s Bible)

“I have told you these things to keep you from giving up.”

I’ve fallen into somewhat of a depression this week.

“Your hearts are filled with sadness because I have told you these things.”

Even though the weather is beautiful, the sun has been shining and the grass has turned green. Even though I had three days off from the day job last week, and Hubby and I took a couple rides to enjoy the outdoors. Even though we bought Hubby a new vehicle, and I think – praise God – that we can really afford it.

“When a woman gives birth to a baby, she has pain, because her time has come. But when her baby is born, she forgets the pain. She forgets because she is so happy that a child has been born into the world.”

Even though I have so much to be joyful about, so much to be thankful for, I’ve been feeling very down.

“It is the same with you. Now you are sad. But I will see you again and you will be happy. And no one will take away your joy. In that day you will not ask me for anything. I tell you the truth. My Father will give you anything you ask for in my name. You have never asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive. And your joy will be the fullest joy.”

I know why, but I can’t share that here. It’s not my story to share.

“I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble. But be brave! I have defeated the world!”

I guess all I can do is pray for the situation, pray for God’s guidance and strength, pray for peace.


Lord, God, Heavenly Father, be with all Your children, everywhere. Fill their hearts with Your love and with the assurance that You are always there for them. Amen 

2 comments:

Denise said...

Makes me sad that you are sad, I hope that what ever is going on, gets resolved.

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Denise, I am snapping out of my sadness. Just praying that my friend with difficulties finds happiness as well.