Wednesday, March 22, 2017

That one pink striped jacket

I’ve been sorting through old family pictures and getting a kick out of it. Man, what dorks we were! But hey, it was the sixties and seventies, so everyone was in the same boat.

I’ve barely made a dent in the boxes of pictures from my mom or even the dozen or so photo albums I’ve had stashed at my house for years. I do have other things to do, so I will have to give this project a rest for a while, at least until I am back from Kenya the middle of April.

In the meantime, though, here’s a taste of where I get my wanderlust from. 
 My sister Pat and I with Mom in the back of the pickup camper. From the date on this photo, 1967, my guess it was taken somewhere along the way to Niagara Falls.
 Again, 1967, so perhaps the same trip.
 Pat and I at the motel we parked at in Orange Texas in December of 1967.
 Coming out of our relative's beach house at Virginia Beach in 1968.
 The date on this one was 1969, the summer we went out west. I always suspected I knew where this was at (I was seven years old! How did I know anything?) I looked it up on Google.maps, and I think I could be right. I think it's Peaceful Valley Campground in Le Sueur, MN.
 Still June of 1969 and still somewhere out west. I'm not sure why we bounced back and forth between color and black and white film, but I am pretty sure it's the same trip, if only for the fact that I never seem to have changed my clothes.
 One of the geysers at Yellowstone.
 Hot springs at Yellowstone. And still the same clothes, but at least it  looks like Pat changed her pants.
Let's move ahead a few years and get us in some new clothes. Here I am with Pat at Wall Drug, in South Dakota, in 1971.

That's it for tonight. Come back on Friday for pictures of the rest of the family.

No comments: