Sunday, April 15, 2018

"I am with you always"


 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:16-20, NIV

Hard to believe that Easter Sunday was only two weeks ago. On that day, we celebrated – and on every day we should celebrate – the joyous resurrection of Jesus from the grave. Forty days after that, which would be May 10 this year, we celebrate Jesus’ return to heaven. During those forty days, Jesus appeared to the disciples at least ten times and the above verse is what He said on one of those occasions. Perhaps it is a familiar passage to you.

I share this today because I don’t plan on posting here again until after May 10. My calendar is pretty full. Next weekend I will be in Milwaukee at a conference for my career as a medical assistant. The following Thursday I leave already for Kenya, returning late on Saturday, May 5. I was going to power-through and put together those missing three blog posts, have them automatically fire on their assigned day. Then I said to myself, “Chris, what would Jesus do? Would He be all crazy, writing these things when His heart and mind was some place else? (which of course would be no problem for Him coz His heart and mind are always in a million places at one time, looking after all of us) Or would He be like, my children, I am with you always, whether you see Me or not?”

I don’t want you to think that I think there is any similarity between myself and Jesus, but I am going to take a rest from my Sunday devotional blogs for a couple weeks, keeping you all in my heart and mind and hoping that you do the same right back at me.  

No comments: