Friday, April 13, 2018

MO Family Vacation - Day 4

I promise that after today, I am only going to post two more logs from our Missouri trip, then you can follow my more exciting travels.

On Tuesday morning, Hubby and I left the resort around nine, once again leaving the kids to wake up and get going on their own. We didn’t know where we were headed, just out for a drive. We drove around the Osage Beach Outlet Mall but nothing of interest was open. And yes, I took pictures, but they were pretty boring. All except maybe this one which was across the street.   
We next discovered the Osage Beach City Park. It was pretty nice and would have been even nicer had it been warmer than 40 degrees out. But I wasn’t going to complain, at least the sun was out.


 I don’t know about swimming at the beach though, no matter how warm it was. It needed a lot of cleaning up.
 We drove around some more before stopping to explore a different section of Lake of Ozarks State Park.

 I took way too many pictures of this beauty that Hubby spied in a tree.

 By 12:30, we headed back to the resort. The kids were waiting for us just down the road at Dog Day’s Bar. I can imagine the place really hops in the summer, but not so much in early March.
 The kids wanted to take us out to lunch before they left to drive home, and they chose El Charco Azul Mexican restaurant. Val ordered whatever was in this monstrous bowl. It was really good though. 
We got back to the ranch around two and by three the kids headed out for their ten hour drive home. We hated to see them go but were glad that they could spend at least part of our vacation with us.  

No comments: