Sunday, November 4, 2018

So Many Pre-Election Questions

     My Sunday posts are usually more inspirational than this one will be, but looking at the calendar, I only have two days left to share these thoughts.

Is anyone else completely disgusted by the election ads that are everywhere? Has anyone been able to pick up from these ads where these candidates stand on the issues? Or do you even know who is sponsoring these ads because all you ever hear about is how bad one candidate or another is? Are you sick of hearing the Democrats want to do this or the Republicans have been doing that and you wonder why we even vote for real people? Or are these real people in public office or just puppets for their party?

I keep hearing about building this wall so we can protect our borders. I rather see us tear some walls, such as the walls between the Democrats and the Republicans.

Aren’t our elected officials supposed to serve their constituents first and then their political party? Or not even their party at all.

I have to say, I am just as confused as to who to vote for during this election year as I was two years ago. Why have I been feeling that when I cast my ballot it is for the lesser of two evils, instead of truly for the best person?  

Can anyone tell me what has happened to American politics? To our beliefs in a country of the people, by the people and for the people?

Maybe it’s time I close in prayer.


Lord, God, Heavenly Father, be with the United States in these troubling times. Even though You have been shut out of much of what this country was founded on, shine Your Light in the dark places we have created. Bring us together even as we drive ourselves apart. Amen. 

No comments: