Friday, November 30, 2018

Wabasha, MN

     If you read Wednesday’s blog, you may recall that I took a road trip to Minnesota with a friend last weekend. Though we checked out a few other towns along the Mississippi, Wabasha was actually our destination.
 Our accommodation for the night was the Americinn. I would highly recommend it.
 Wabasha is a darling little town, but might be most famous for the Grumpy Old Men movies, though very little was shot in or even around the town.
 For dinner, we ran to the even smaller berg of Kellogg for fish fry at the Town and Country.
 And I don’t even know what to say about this. I am just posting it for the entertainment of my kids.
 I’m posting this one for my friend Denise. She should know why. “Do you have a picture of this?”
 So many historic buildings downtown Wabasha.
 Of course, the best shopping was in the Chocolate Escape. Check their Facebook page for our picture. 
 Barton’s Brickhouse Boutique.
 Anderson House Hotel.
 The National Eagle Center. My hubby and I took a tour of it in 2009; Julie and I didn’t have time on this quick trip.
 This is Chief Wapasha II, holding a cedar sprig and an eagle feather staff. The city of Wabasha is named after him. And, yes, there was a Chief Wapasha I and III.
When is the next trip going to be?

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love the house, I want to sit on the front porch, then wander thru the rooms imagining the lives that made it a home. I also love that you thought of me on your trip, LOL.