Saturday, February 23, 2019

Snow-mentia

She doesn’t worry about her family when it snows;
    their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.
(Proverbs 31:21, The Message Bible)

Proverbs, chapter 31, verses 10 to 31, is called the hymn of the good wife or wife of noble character. The woman described in those verses is pretty amazing, someone I can only aspire to be, but fall quite short. For starters, whether my family is dressed for this winter weather we’ve been having, there is no amount of clothing that’s going to keep me from fretting a little about all the snow we’ve had.

Ok, I'm past the point of worrying. Instead, I think I’ve fallen into snow-mentia. As these pictures I took yesterday attest.
Looks like I was frosting a cake instead of whittling away at the mountain of snow on the deck.  
This snow looks like it is trying to escape from a jail cell. 
 Maybe strip mining? Or stairway to heaven? 
 But here's the good thing. The hubby can't get to his grill, but I set up another one. 
 And invited some friends. 
Looks like they are going up the stairway to heaven.  
 
 Actually, I can't blame my dementia on the snow after all. 
Looks like I was this weird 38 years ago. 
All I can add is a prayer of thanksgiving that God made me who I am. If you can’t have a sense of humor or just plain be strange sometimes, well, then I don’t know. Thank You, God, for making me who I am. 



No comments: