Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Speechless

December 1971, our backyard
I could call this post “Snowpocalypse” or “Wintermageddon”, but instead I will just remain speechless. I’ve lived through some abysmal winters here in northern Wisconsin. When I was a kid, it seemed like we got this much snow every year and most Januarys it hovered in the minus digits for at least a week or two at a time. Maybe we’ve all become whimps because of a long string of mild winters. Even last winter wasn’t that bad, except that it never, ever ended. I think we got two feet of snow in April.


The winter of 2018-2019 got off to a slow start. Not much happening in December or January. But the last few weeks? Don’t even ask. It leaves me speechless. But not without pictures.  
 For starters, above is our grill on the deck on January 4. Below is yesterday afternoon.

 Above was from Friday morning. Below yesterday afternoon. The snowbanks are rising.
And at 6:00 this morning as Hubby went out to deal with it. Again. 

 Above, the deck last Thursday afternoon. Below, yesterday afternoon.
And at 6:00 this morning. That path is all I have the strength to shovel. 

 And these poor babies.
Then, some artsy pictures.






 Last, the view out my office window.

No comments: