Friday, November 20, 2020

Nearly Black Friday

     Next Friday is “Black Friday” and Christmas is in five weeks. It’s certainly been a different sort of year. I’m sure Christmas shopping will be different as well. Over the last few years, you have maybe joined the ranks of consumers doing much of their shopping via Amazon or other websites. This year? I’m sure it will be even more.

Or are you planning to support the local economy by attending the craft shows which are still going on this year? That’s certainly okay, just don’t forget your masks and hand sanitizer.

As for me, I won’t be selling any of my books out in public this year. Instead, I’ll make you a deal.

From now until the end of the year, I’m offering each of my books at a discounted price, with free shipping anywhere in the continental US. Feel free to buy them on Amazon as well, except that I only have control over the price of the ones I self-published there (“The Truth Beyond the River” and the ebook “To Find Justice”).

I may be naiive, or I just plain love books that much, but I think books still make wonderful gifts. And if nothing else, they can be a gift to yourself.

Email me your shopping list and I’ll get your books mailed out to where ever you want them to go.

Price List:

The Truth Beyond the River - $12.99 now $10

Where the Sky Meets the Sand - $15.99 now $10

A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven - $14.95 now $10

The Christmas Story in 40 Days - $11.99 now $8

The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days - $11.99 now $8

Free Shipping through the end of the year.

My latest novel, “The Truth Beyond the River” – A young reporter looking for her big break. A Vietnam vet fighting a new war. Two aging monks trying to keep the peace. Will they find the truth beyond the river?

Lieutenant Tommy Lightfoot has returned home from the Vietnam War a changed man. He and his fellow Native American warriors begin a new war – claiming a piece of property which they feel was wrongfully taken from their ancestors.

On that land along a river sits an abandoned monastery, watched over by Cecil, an elderly monk.

When the editor of a big city newspaper hears of the takeover, he sends his newest reporter to cover it. Teresa has only been chosen because of her looks – a black braid and a Spanish-American heritage. Before she even arrives at the monastery, she fears she is in over her head.

When she meets Tommy and Cecil, she wonders if she will ever be able to uncover the truth or if it will float down the river, beyond the grasp of them all.

 My first novel, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” – An American businesswoman with a secret past. An African boy without a home. Two missionaries with more than one mission to accomplish. Will all their wishes come true where the sky meets the sand on the African plain?

“Where the Sky Meets the Sand” tells the story of Jenny Neumeyer and Ole, the homeless boy she befriends while she and her husband are on vacation in Kenya. This encounter leads her to confront a secret she has kept buried for 14 years. As she comes to terms with her past, two missionaries to Africa discover Ole and are determined to lead him home. Along the way, they realize that the boy is not the only one who is lost. 

My other books –

A Time for Every PurposeUnder Heaven – One Woman’s Trip to Africa” – the memoir of my first trip to Kenya with a missionary group from Appleton, Wisconsin, in 2006. I spent much of those two weeks wondering why God had sent me there. This is the story of that trip and how it changed my life forever.

The Christmas Story in40 Days” – a short book with 40 days of devotions describing the events leading up to the birth of Christ.

The Early Life of Jesusin 40 Days” – a devotional which describes the life of Jesus from the time he is born until just before He begins His ministry.  

(And even if you don't buy them through Amazon.com, reviews on Amazon are always appreciated.)

No comments: