Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Birds from my trip

I've been going to send all these pictures to my friend Denise, who went to Kenya with us last month. She is the bird expert and collects birds like I collect - umm - pictures of everything else. So if I don't have it listed what type of bird each of these, keep checking back, as I'm sure Denise will clarify for us. 

A Hooded Crow in a park in Istanbul, Turkey. They are found throughout Northern, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe, and parts of the Middle East. 
 
A pair of Egyptian geese, seen while we were on the way to the Masa Mara. They are found in Africa south of the Sahara and the Nile Valley. 

These starlings were looking at their reflection in the mirrored door to the villas we were staying in. 

Oh, I don't know, just your average bird, looking in the window of our villa. The mirrored doors were two sided, so I could see out but he couldn't see in. 

Some sort of dove, possibly the laughing dove. I love that name!

I think this is the speckled mousebird.

Another average bird. 

Another Superb Starling. Yes, their name is superb starling. 

This little beggar flew up to our dining room table one morning at breakfast. 

He's obviously not afraid of humans and was hoping for a handout. 

I'm pretty sure he was a yellow weaver. 

I think this is the basic black flycatcher. 

Superb Starling, again. 

Man, I could not find this one. It looks a bit like the glossy starling, but he is clearly not glossy and his mate would be blue also. 

Last, there's this poor guy. I couldn't figure out what he was. I hope he's molting and looks better other times of the year. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a Bird.....It's a Plane......*** It's a Bird.