Sunday, November 6, 2022

I Repeat, God is Good

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:17, New International Version)

I sat at my computer a long time trying to figure out what to write about today. It dawned on me that I’ve been in four different churches in the past seven days (two for weekly worship, one for a funeral, and one for a rally for a missionary team). You’d think that all of that would have sparked inspiration.

I also still have so much to tell about my recent trip to Kenya. But nothing came to mind.

But God is good. I scrolled through my pictures from Kenya, hunting for the most breathtaking. The one above was the first one which caught my eye. And was easy to pair with one of the verses from yesterday’s funeral.

When we were out on the Mara one evening, taking pictures of the sunset, my daughter said that, when she was little, she thought that the rays coming out of the sun as it was setting were people’s souls going up to heaven.

Not much I can add to that. Except to repeat that God is good. 

 

No comments: