Sunday, June 25, 2023

Just Be Still


 “Be Still and Know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10, NIV)

Every year, I choose a word to help guide me through the next 365 days. Nearly six months ago, I didn’t proclaim just one word for the year; I went with one of my favorite Bible passages.

Over the last couple of years, on December 31, when I looked back over the past twelve months, it felt like it had been another tough one. So much going on, so many people and situations to pray for, so much going wrong in this world.

And here I am, not quite six months into 2023, and I – I have nothing to say. It’s been brutal again.

When, Lord, are things going to get better, get easier? When will we find peace and comfort?

To which He answers, “Once you have sent your prayer, let it go, because I have heard it, and I will take care of it. I will take care of you and your loved ones. Be still. Be calm. Be at peace.”

If you read last Sunday’s blog, you realize that God has been telling me that for a while. I really need to start listening, or at least be still and know that He is God and He has got this.

No comments: