Wednesday, April 24, 2024

where-was-I-wednesday - High Cliff State Park

As you may recall, last weekend was the state conference of the Wisconsin Society of Medical Assistants in Neenah, Wisconsin. I was president of the organization twenty years ago and every year during the conference, there is a luncheon for all past presidents.

When I walked in the room at 11:31 (it started at 11:30), they were so relieved to see me. They were sure something had happened to me and one of them was just about to call me. One minute! I was one minute late. But at least I made an entrance.

After all that eating, joviality, and catching up on our escapades of the past year, I jumped in my car to go for a ride.

Oh, but wait, one thing I forgot to tell you. I was about three miles from my house when I remembered I had left my camera home. Yes, I know the rest of the world takes pictures with their phones, but that just still feels reprehensible to me. A phone is for communicating – calling people, but mostly texting these days.  

Anyway, imagine how late I would have been if I had gone back for my camera! My phone would have to do. Argh.

Also, the sun was shining (when I left the hotel anyway) and the temperature wasn’t too bad (upper forties), but the wind. Oh, my gosh.

So I drove to High Cliff State Park to go hiking and take lots of pictures. Well, taking pictures with my phone, as you already guessed, does not do it for me. And with the wind, my hikes were all cut short.

I made up for all of that by buying a pair of shoes at Kohls on my way back through Neenah, then spent the night at a friend’s house. We caught up on things and discussed our trip to Cambodia this coming September! Will NOT forget my camera then!

 







Still windy! I’ll have to come back again someday, with my camera and nicer weather.


No comments: