Friday, March 13, 2020

Keep Calm


    I spent several hours last night, as usual, writing a blog post to share today. Overnight, in my insomnia, I decided to share this instead.

The poem Hollow Men was written by T.S. Elliot in 1925, and you can read more about it here. The last lines are some of the most quoted in literature, and I’ve used them before.

These words are running through my head today in light of the Coronavirus outbreak and the ensuing hysteria. You can interpret their meaning as you like. But it doesn’t mean that they need to come true. Keep your heads, out there, people. There’s no need to panic. Don’t let the media make you crazy. Stay calm. Take deep breaths – yes, please keep breathing, you can’t ward off a virus by holding your breath and passing out.

No matter what happens, just remember, life will go on. It always has.  


Oh, and Happy Friday the 13th. 

No comments: