Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Walls in my Way


   And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16:15-16, New Living Translation)

One night, earlier this week, I had a series of dark dreams, dreams which were like prophetic snapshots of tragic events in the lives of people I know. After each dream, I woke up filled with fear in the bottom of my stomach. You know the feeling – that sense of impending doom.

After lying awake for a few minutes, however, that feeling was replaced by the presence of God. But not only the reassuring, comforting sense of God, but His voice telling me that I can do something about it.

I asked Him, “What can I do to prevent bad things from happening?”

He placed something on my heart like, “When bad things happen, they can only turn out for good if one has faith.”

Hmm? Or more like, “Chris, it’s up to you to share your faith with these people so that they will have an eternal life free of pain and worry.”

I’ve told God before, and I maybe have shared it here, I’m not an evangelist. I can write about my faith, but to tell someone in person? That’s not who I am. But God has answered that declaration with, “If you have faith, you can be anyone.”

Last night I had a dream where I was at a shopping mall which had rock-climbing walls throughout different stores. I climbed the easiest one and had an amazing sense of accomplishment. Just another random dream, or was God trying to tell me something?

At the beginning of the year, I chose the word “strength” as my word for 2020, and so . . .

Lord, God, Heavenly Father, grant me the strength to do Your will. Amen.  
Not me at the top of this wall, but, yes, I did climb it while in Kenya in 2017.
And had that same sense of accomplishment at reaching the top.

No comments: