Sunday, May 24, 2020

God-incidences


But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last. And I know that after this body has decayed, this body shall see God! Then he will be on my side! Yes, I shall see him, not as a stranger, but as a friend! What a glorious hope!
(Job 19:25-27, Living Bible)

Honestly, it’s any wonder I ever get anything done that I want to. As often happens, when I sat down to write this, nothing at first came to mind. Then I remembered these great verses from the book of Romans that I read a few weeks ago, which really spoke to me and I was hoping they would speak to you, too.

When I finally started writing this post, the first thing I did was type the date, and then I went, “oh, goodness, it would have been Mom’s 93 birthday.” So, I had to, just had to mention her here once again.

Her favorite hymn was “I Know that My Redeemer Lives”, by Samuel Medley.

I went back to my blog to see if I’ve written about that hymn before (sure that I had). The first time was six years ago, also Memorial Day weekend, the day after my mom’s birthday. The second time was February 11, 2017, a mere four days before my mom died.

At the end of that post, I attached a video of a church choir singing it, which always reminds me of Easter morning. I mention that, because, as you all know, not many of us got to attend church this year on Easter morning.

All of this points to one of the beliefs my mom always had – there are no coincidences, only God-incidences. Which leads me back to the very first thing I wrote on this post and the conclusion that, with God’s help, I get done what I’m supposed to. 

Thank You, God, there’s really nothing more I can say. As always, You have got it covered. Amen.  
It makes me sad that I have very few decent pictures with my mom. I thought this one was appropriate though as
Mom's sister, my aunt Helen, had a birthday two days ago as well. I couldn't remember what year she was born,
so I just looked it up and was reminded of the sense of humor God has to have. Aunt Helen would have been 100!
I should have written a blog post about her!


No comments: