Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Another Falls and Other Places

   Last Friday, Hubby and I took another ride, this one a little further than the week before. We crossed a couple county lines, and actually, while we were two counties from home, Hubby saw on his phone that there had been the first confirmed case of COVID19 in our county. I need to stop letting this take over my life. That’s why I wanted to go for another ride last Friday and look what happened. 
  Anyway, our first stop was in Manitowish. At this park on Rest Lake.

 Across the dam, is Vance Lake. 

 Pretty place, but I had another body of water in mind. This one in yet another county, Iron.
 
 Where Hubby and I didn’t practice social distancing. Shame on us. 
 The Falls at Lake of the Falls. 
  One of the prettiest places in the state, I think. An easy drive and an easy walk to get to. Like, really no walk at all. 
I’ve been here a couple times with my sisters. One visit was a long, somewhat melancholy story.
 Where I camped one time with both of my sisters,   
 before they put up this sign. 
 And no ride is complete without a picture of some wildlife. Even though I have more deer in my own yard, I had to capture these four.

No comments: