Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Spring in my Yard

      It’s been a while since I have shared the random pictures of my life. My yard has seen a flurry of activity this month. I suppose that is normal for this time of year.

This year, though, we’ve had a bit more than usual. We lost a pine tree in a storm last year (two storms, actually, the first one knocking him into another tree and the second storm bringing him to the ground). The tree guys finally came out two weeks ago to clean them up.  
 What a difference it made in our side yard. 
 I put a fair amount of sweat into that dirt, mixing it with the grass seed.
  I can’t wait for grass to come up.
 Then there was snow for Mother’s Day. Better, I guess than the foot we got on Easter, but it makes me wonder what Memorial Day will bring.
 We get a mallard in our swamp every spring. He doesn’t usually hang around long though, as the swamp usually dries up by summer. 
 This lady has been hanging around our yard for years now. She and her two-year-old child have been always coming around together, until the last week or two, when she finally sent junior packing. 
 In anticipation, I’m sure of the baby she’ll be having soon. Ok, never mind. Believe it or not, just as I was typing this, the momma and her two-year-old came through the yard. Too dark out for a picture. 
 And then there’s this.


Though I am the one to take all the pictures, Hubby called me to the kitchen the other day while he was cutting up cauliflower and asked me to take a picture of this. 
 He asked, “what does this look like to you?”

Covid cauliflower. We just can't escape it can we?  

No comments: